Monday, September 12, 2011

"THROWING UP WHISKERS"

Labor Day weekend... I'm a little behind in my blogging, huh?

That weekend I wanted a getaway since my family trip to Chincoteague Island, VA didn't pan out (gosh, Irene). After work on Friday, I headed up to my sister's house to pick her up along with a teething, grumpy Miranda. This trip was especially fun because we sang Sugarland and Miranda Lambert songs for most of the way there - between gossip of course. Man, do I love country music (Thank you Teresa for getting me to listen)!!

Saturday morning started out great because my Pops made pancakes. I couldn't tell you the last time I had pancakes smothered, yes smothered, in syrup. =) I didn't eat very healthy that weekend at all... oops, oh well. I also didn't hike as much as I'm used to because of bugs; the weather must have made every single mosquito and fly in the mountain chain hatch. They were out in full force and it was gross (and I don't usually mind bugs)!



The one time we did hang around outside was on Saturday night; we had a fire and I smoked myself so the mosquitos would leave me alone. Did it work? Nope! I gave it the good ol' college try though.


Now, if you're new to my family and I, the one thing you should know (or maybe guessed on your own) is that we're special, err... I mean fun and crazy. All of the smoke from the campfire must have gone to our heads because the next thing I know people are throwing up gang signs.

This is what my father calls "throwing up whiskers."
Isn't he cute?
And my mom? Yeah, she made a gang sign too, and a pretty pathetic one at that but she would be so mad if I posted that picture of her! =)   (Hi Mom!)

It was a good weekend and oh, I held a snail too.

No comments:

Post a Comment