Woo! My computer is on its last leg and I'm hoping I can get through a blog post without it 1) shutting itself off, 2) shutting the internet down and 3) being as slow as a snail stuck in its own goop. I really need to step up and order a new one... it's driving me nuts!
Two weeks ago I took a photography course through Nikon. Although it was a long day - 8 hours! - and there were so many technical terms thrown at me I did learn a few things; like how to edit photos in JPEG or RAW format. RAW files rule for editing and now I'm all mad that I didn't shoot our Hawaii trip like that because of manipulations I could have done.
I've been playing with a program Nikon advertised (yay free trials, boo to have to buy it after 60 days) and have worked on a few Hawaii pictures... and here we go!
![]() |
| Byodo Temple, Oahu |
Kyle and I have always liked Asian architecture so Byodo was a cool place to see in the middle of Oahu. There is also a Buddhist temple somewhere on the island that I plan on finding in June.
Kyle actually hates what I did to this picture but I told him he just doesn't have a "creative eye" to understand the beauty of enhancing the colors. Before the picture had grey, brackish water and I pepped it up! Okay, so the fish look fluorescent but still... I like it.
Carrying along the Asian theme we have Chinaman's Hat! I enhanced the shadows and brightened the green foliage to show what it truly looked like. Then I found a coconut (you put the lime in the...).
The last picture I messed around with was one taken at Kalama Beach.
Oh, how I missed this beach.
![]() |
| Manoa Falls |
Ughh. See you on the new computer! TOSHIBAAA!








No comments:
Post a Comment