Friday, April 6, 2012

LONGWOOD GARDENS - WARNING: THIS IS MIRANDA POST

Today felt like a relaxing Saturday (bonus: it's only Friday!) because I was off work and out exploring Longwood Gardens with my mom, sister and niece. It's the perfect time for me to visit because it's TULIP TIME and they are my ultimate favorite flowers.


This (above) is the best looking tulip I've seen and it also has a great name to go along with the jagged edges; a pirate tulip - that is clearly not the latin name.

Arr! Look at me petals, matey!



 Miranda was excited all day about the flowers which was cute because she would walk up to them, stop and exclaim, "WOWWW!!" Sometimes she said the word so forcefully it looked like she was about to topple over from it. Being able to walk up to a flower and rip the petals off was such a joy to her; even if her mother did let her kill a few plants or two.

Now, even though my mom and I were completely happy to wander around the 1,000 acres of beautiful landscaping taking skillions of pictures my sister kept pestering us to go to the children's garden. This is where little kids can go on scavenger hunts, learn about nature and, most importantly, get soaking wet in their clothes making their parents upset - Miranda was no exception to the rule. She is a lean, mean water splashing machine.



After the soaking, we didn't do much else; just wandered around chatting and chasing the baby. The nice thing about Longwood is that it's a place where you can set your own pace. We spent about 4 hours there and didn't get to a lot of things.

But that's okay because today I became a member and can go there any time I want.
-happy face-


No comments:

Post a Comment