Of course, no party can be started without video games when Chris and Kyle are together; this time though Miranda and Oliver wanted in on the fun.
The party itself basically involved some boozin' and some eating. Teresa even kept it moderately healthy (to offset the beer, perhaps) by making chocolate covered strawberries! YUM!
The dogs has a lot of fun in the rain too. We left the doors propped open for them so they could run in and out of the breezeway and basement. Every now and then from the window you would see a bolt of black fur running by with a dopey bolt of brown fur. Cora and Ember were at it again....
| Ember practices her frog pose since she's out in the rain. |
Teresa plays doggie pied-piper as my mom decides a hurricane is the best time to pick figs.
Being stuck in the house also gave Miranda some bonding time with her uncles Kyle and Nick. Nick really isn't a big fan of holding babies. When you typically try to hand Miranda to him she kind of just bounces off of his stomach while he goes, "hi!" The picture below is the awkwardness that happens when you just run in, put the baby on his lap and laugh. =)
Uncle Kyle on the other hand? Baby lover.
Because the storm seemed to move rain up the coast much faster than anticipated we all left early. I thought it would be important if my sister, Karen, and I could make it over the bloated rivers to our respective houses.
Later on that night, I looked out my windows to see how the rain looked and couldn't even see my driveway or the street. They were both running with water! I should have gotten out my raft and went down the whitewater.
To be continued...
I love that picture of Miranda and Uncle Kyle!
ReplyDelete~Amy