Monday, October 24, 2011

DISNEY'S PRETTY FACES

Today we're in Epcot with Abbey and Mark, lots of rides and fruity drinks for Kyle.



Could they have picked a shadier spot for picture taking? We all look like we’re going to melt in the sun. Personally, I think that Epcot is the hottest park to visit because it doesn’t have nearly the same amount of trees and/or shade. Walking through just to get to the World Showcase can be a little unbearable and sweatacular, yes… sweatacular.

And here we go again… Chip and Dale. I love that the photographer got Kyle giving Chip a hug. Aren’t they precious? Aww. 


Then Chip says "no picture for you!" and tries to hide him. Maybe Kyle didn't give him a big enough hug.



The World Showcase in Epcot is so fun. Where else can you go from England to France to Morocco to Mexico, etc? My favorite “world” is Morocco because I think the architecture is beautiful. I would love to visit the real country but that would probably cost me one skillion dollars plus is it even safe over there?




We also saw a fun show in Italy and it was interactive so I got involved. Woohoo! I am talented, I got to throw a ball to the mime-guy so he could catch it in a net. Talented, I tell you. Look at the detail on that building though (again, me with the detail). My friend, Toni, who has visited Italy told me that’s a replica of a real place but I can’t remember of what – haha. I’m thinking a castle.


In Japan, there was a woman who makes candy into the shapes of animals. There are only a few people in the world who know this art and she was taught by her family. Watching her was pretty amazing. She starts with a blob of candy on a stick and within 2-3 minutes tops it’s any animal you asked her to make. She made this scorpion in no time and look how happy he is.

The day at Epcot was so relaxed and we took our time seeing everything and having a few drinks. My newfound love for tequila brought me back time and time again for margaritas in Mexico. They have some really cool flavors like blood orange, pineapple, avocado, jalapeno and hibiscus. Kyle and I tried all of those.

The jalapeno margarita was lame and not spicy at all; we pulled out some of the peppers and they were your run of the mill green bell peppers. His favorite margarita was the pineapple one which was deliciously tropical. I tried the blood orange, hibiscus and avocado. They were all really good but the hands down winner was the avocado one. AMAZING. If there is ever a chance for you to try this – do it! It had a sweet cucumber-y, fresh garden taste. I could use another right now! 



Epcot also has a Coca-Cola station where you can try their “flavors of the world.” If you’re in need of a refreshing drink head on over because 1) it’s free and 2) Mozambique was deliciously gingery.


Our day at the park ended with a question mark. They introduced a new character and we couldn’t figure out why, what his story was or who he was. The character is named “Duffy the Bear” and he was sewn by Minnie Mouse for Mickey who was going on some big boat trip. It’s the dumbest thing and a good way for Disney to rake in more money, I guess. Abbey and I tried to rope the guys into getting their picture taken with Duffy but they wouldn’t have it.


 For dinner that night, Kyle and I met up again with Richelle and Todd for a Polynesian Luau. The Polynesian Resort is really nice and costs a ton of money to stay there so the chances of me ever staying there is slim. The luau itself was a fun; its buffet style with all you can drink beer… well, pseudo-beer since it’s Bud or Bud Light (but beggars can’t be choosers).

 There was a fun, rowdy spirit during the dinner portion; we had Phillies, Pirates and Red Sox fans all in our general vicinity so we trash talked for a good while. They also invited young kids to come up and dance the hula so of course I went, hahahaha. Not a single person in my group was surprised because I’m a crazy lunatic.



The best part of the luau came at the end when a guy came out twirling fire. I wonder how many times he burned himself during the course of learning how to do this.

 





















We topped the night off by going back to the hotel to swim but didn’t stay long. Disney has a tendency to make you tired and when you’re that close to your hotel room all you hear is it calling you… good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment